For my day 2 of 365, here’s a great example of how to just have fun with video while interviewing some experts. Notice how even with late afternoon lighting, it’s better lighting than what most people would get indoors with fancy lights. It’s hard to beat natural outdoor lighting…especially when it’s at 10,000 feet above sea level!:
Archive for January, 2010
My first video of the 365 series for 2010 was taken at my first Ski With Marty meet-up group in early December where most attendees came up from Denver, Boulder and Colorado Springs. This was the first video I took with my new Kodak Zi8 and thought I’d showcase it here as what NOT to do.
Here are several things WRONG with this video:
1. I was hoping to get everyone in the shot but my attempt didn’t seem to work. It was salvaged only by people saying hello at the same time so that it sounded like there were more people than just the two or three that I showed on the video. Next time, I’ll have everyone group into the same spot…a lesson in video recording with a group of people as your backdrop.
2. I got too crazy with the rotating, which I might hang onto in the future as a possible effect, but didn’t really add to the video this time.
3. I never mentioned what “Ski With Marty” really is. Sounds more like I just sort of picked up a bunch of stray dogs or something and begged them to ski with me. SkiWithMarty is a business networking group where business owners, authors and speakers meet and ski every Wednesday at various ski resorts in Colorado.
What did I do right? Only a couple of things that I can see:
1. It was short…thank goodness.
2. I did manage to introduce my name and my website.
3. Although I’m kind of annoying to myself, anyone can hear in my voice that I was in a good mood that day. And, why wouldn’t I be? I was skiing!!